To the Fairfield Union Community: The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has informed school districts in Ohio that the use of masks and/or facial coverings will be recommended but not mandated for the coming school year. In accordance with the ODH recommendation, the use of masks and/or facial coverings will be optional for all students, staff and visitors for the 2021 – 2022 school year at Fairfield Union. Fairfield Union strongly recommends that anyone with a pre-existing health condition wear a mask at all times while at school or while riding a bus. Additionally, the District will be asking students, staff and parents to adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID or the flu, please stay home from school until you are completely symptom free for 24 hours.
- If you are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID or the flu, please contact your family doctor immediately.
- Please do a wellness check before coming to school or a school-related event. If you have a temperature above 100° F, you should refrain from coming to school until you are symptom free for 24 hours.
- Please continue to practice good hygiene (wash hands, cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough, refrain from touching your nose and mouth, etc…).
- Please be respectful and supportive of those wearing masks in our buildings and on our grounds.
- Cleaning protocols will continue to be stressed at all levels and functions in the District.
Fairfield Union would also like to remind all parents that public schools are no longer allowed to offer a 100% remote learning platform like we had last school year. Fairfield Union will be holding in-person classes five days per week for all students during the 2021 – 2022 school year. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to the information contained in this District update, please do not hesitate to contact me at our district office (740-536-7384 or [email protected]).
As always, stay safe, be well and it is a great day to be a Falcon!