Fairfield Union Schoolwide Title 1 buildings (Bremen Elementary, Pleasantville Elementary and Rushville Middle School) and the parents of students participating in activities, services and programs funded by Title 1, Part A, of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire district/school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high academic standards.
Student Responsibilities: We, as students, know our parents and teachers want to help us learn, but we are the ones who have to do the work. So we will:
- Share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve the state’s high standards.
- Always do my best and believe that I can and will learn.
- Work cooperatively with my classmates and teachers.
- Be respectful and responsible for my behavior at school and on the bus.
- Give work and school papers to the adult responsible for me.
- Pay attention and ask for help when needed. Complete assignments and homework.
- Read daily with an adult or by myself outside of school time.
Parent Responsibilities: We, as parents/caregivers, want our child to succeed. We will encourage him/her by supporting their learning in the following ways:
- Monitor attendance, progress in school, class assignments and homework.
- Stay informed about my child’s education by communicating with the school staff.
- Encourage positive attitudes about school and support the school policies.
- Encourage my child to get enough sleep and eat nutritiously.
- Establish with my child a place to study and read daily.
- Participate in decisions relating to my child’s education.
- Participate in my child’s education, when possible, through volunteering, attending school functions, or serving on committees.
School Responsibilities: We, as classroom teachers, understand the importance of the school experience to every student and our position as a teacher and a role model. We will promote student learning in the following ways:
- Provide and deliver high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment, in which parents are welcome partners, to enable your child to meet the State’s student academic standards.
- Provide parents with opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class.
- Be aware of your child’s needs.
- Communicate with you about your child’s progress frequently with progress and report cards.
- Motivate and encourage your child to practice academics at school and at home.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences.
- Provide materials and/or ideas for home to enhance literacy, numeracy or other academic subjects.
I, as school principal, will support and encourage student/parent/teacher compacts and partnerships. I will:
- Create a welcoming environment for parents and students.
- Maintain and foster high standards of academic achievement and behavior.
- Provide information on how to maintain two- way communication.
- Conduct annual Title 1 meetings.
- Communicate the school’s mission and goals to students and parents.
- Provide opportunities to access staff and volunteer opportunities.
School __________________________ Parent__________________________ Student__________________________