As more sports teams are gearing up for action, we wanted to give an update in regards to protocols for athletic events held at Fairfield Union. Attached to this story, you will find the plan of action for Fairfield Union that has been submitted to the health department. We want to remind all athletes, parents and community members that we must comply with the Ohio Department of Health orders or we stand to be banned from competition this year by OHSAA.
We do not want to risk the chance for our athletes to compete this year by not following orders, so we will be strictly enforcing all guidelines released by the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio High School Athletic Association. We ask for your help, patience and sacrifice, so our student-athletes can have their seasons this year.
Some of the highlights you will find in the plans and other general information are below:
- Attendance at all home games is determined by the Ohio Department of Health order. We are allowed to have 15% of our seating capacity in all facilities, so we will need to limit the number of guests each student will be able to invite to a game. Varsity soccer players (boys and girls) will be allowed to have 4 guests for all home games. All other athletes and band members in grades 7-12 will be allowed to have 2 guests at home games.
- A pass list will be established for each game, and we will only be allowed to admit guests on the pass lists.
- Tickets for all home events will be $5 (adults and students). Golden Buckeye card holders on a pass list will be admitted for free.
- Athletic schedules will be posted weekly. Events are changing daily (due to the health orders and quarantine situations at schools), so we will be making updates constantly.
- Ticket prices and guest admittance will vary at each away game due to seating capacities and procedures varying for each school.
- Marching band will not travel to any away games per the Ohio Department of Health orders.
Again, we invite you to read through the entire Fairfield Union Athletic plan attached to this story. Should you have any questions, please contact:
Andy Clark, Athletic Director
Thank you and as always, it is a great day to be a Falcon!